On January 1, 2016, the Brothers of the Holy Family became the Owners of Virgen del Carmen School of Palma de Mallorca (since then property of Carmelite Fathers). The origins of this school is in 1865.
The current building is a construction of 6 storeys, an excessively high building for a School.
With the beginning of the academic year 2016-17, a stage of renewal has started for the School.
The most visible change is the external image of the School in the colours. The selected colours exist in the neighbourhood, though some of them very old. The blue colour in the highest point has the intention of joining with the sky. When it is a clear day, this objective is clearly achieved. The other three dominant colours like “floors” try to make the building not so high.
The idea of change is not only in the colour of the façade, but wants to reach the interior spaces: courtyard, rooms, classes, verandas… so that the ambience which develops the life of the students may be welcoming and joyful…
From this aesthetic improvement in the façade, we want to advance inside in two senses: To make the School a welcoming and joyful Centre for the students and to work for a pedagogical renewal and innovation.