The Institute of the Brothers of the Holy Family participates in the mission of the Church to build the Kingdom of God in the world.
It is born of the apostolic impulse of Brother Gabriel Taborin who, sensitive to the necessities of his time.
“The Gospel joy which enlivens the community of disciples is a missionary joy” (EG 21). The Brothers accept this call of the Church to proclaim to all the Gospel, primarily to young people, families and those most in need. All these people need us. Let us ask for the strength of the Spirit to respond boldly to this call:
- To awaken the awareness in the Brothers that we are Community on the move for the mission. It is a joyful gospel experience.
- To help the Sa-Fa Family recognize that ours is a joint mission.
- To give priority in our mission to the encounter with young people: to be close, listen to them, understand them, and accompany them. “Young people often fail to find responses to their concerns, needs, problems and hurts in the usual structures” (EG 105).
- To listen to the calls to solidarity of today’s society and respond generously. “We need to grow in a solidarity which will allow all peoples to become the artisans of their destiny” (EG 190).
- To keep in mind as a priority in our mission, the care and pastoral work with families.
- To make our schools places of evangelization, paying attention to the different cultures. (XXXVII G.Ch. Valladlid 2019)