Prayer to the Holy Family*
Jesus, Mary and Joseph,
in you we contemplate
the splendour of true love,
to you we turn with trust.
Holy Family of Nazareth,
grant that our families too
may be places of communion and prayer,
authentic schools of the Gospel
and small domestic Churches.
Holy Family of Nazareth,
may families never again
experience violence, rejection and division:
may all who have been hurt or scandalized
find ready comfort and healing.
Holy Family of Nazareth,
may the approaching Synod of Bishops
make us once more mindful
of the sacredness and inviolability of the family,
and its beauty in God’s plan.
Jesus, Mary and Joseph,
graciously hear our prayer.
THE HOLY FAMILY IN THE PRAYER
1) Good father, protector of those who hope in you, You wanted to free your Son from the sword of Herod flying to Egypt; grants your servants, through the intercession of our mother Virgin and through Saint Joseph that, free from the dangers of soul and body, we may arrive to our heavenly homeland. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
2) Receive, Father, our thanksgiving. You guided your Son in exile to Egypt with the Virgin Mary and Saint Joseph. We request you guide us from this our exile to the heavenly homeland. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
3) God our Father, in your mysterious salvation plan you wanted to continue your Son’s passion in the wounded members of his Body, the Church, make us that united to the Virgin Mary and to Saint Joseph, we learn how to recognize and to serve with exquisite love to Christ suffering in our brothers. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
4) Our Father, through the intercession of the Virgin Mary and Saint Joseph, shower upon us the abundance of your Holy Spirit that Jesus Christ, supreme priest, deserved us with His sacrifice upon the cross. God who lives and reigns for ever and ever. Amen.
5) Father, attend your children in their way of life, and through the intercession of the Virgin Mary and Saint Joseph, make them arrive happy to your holy mountain, Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you in the unit of the Holy Spirit for ever and ever. Amen.
6) Father, listen our prayer and through the intercession of the Holy Family, that enlighten us with her example and protects us with her help, let us serve with love you and our brothers being faithful to the commitments of our baptism. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
7) Our Father, let us live in constant communion with you imitating the virtues of the Virgin Mary and Saint Joseph, in order to be witness in the world of the marvels of your love. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
8) God our Father, thanks to your Son’s submission to Mary and Joseph, you have consecrated the domestic life with overwhelming virtues; grant us that, following the example of the Holy Family, we can enjoy the gifts of your Kingdom. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
9) Holy Father, you have united with a virginal bond Mary, your Son’s glorious Mother, and Saint Joseph, the just man, so that they cooperated faithfully with the incarnated Word; make that we, united with you through Baptism, live more closely united with Christ and we walk joyfully along the way of the love. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
10) Lord, you fill us with joy through your gifts; let us be strengthened in your love and live in an unending thanksgiving worshipping the Blessed Virgin Mary and Saint Joseph her husband. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
11) God, our Father, you have shown the Holy Family as a wonderful example for your people, grant us, we request you, that we can enjoy the eternal happiness in our heavenly home imitating her family virtues and her union in love. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
12) Holy Father, you wanted that your Son, the eternal Word, were the son of the Virgin Mary and were called son of Joseph; we recognize that He is truly man and truly God; renew the heart of the humanity and the communion with your divinity. He who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit for ever and ever. Amen.
13) God our Father, your truly Word has been welcomed and protected by Mary and Joseph; grant us the love for your word, so that listening to it and meditating it, we let it give fruit in our life for your glory. Listen to us, You that are the faithful God for ever and ever. Amen.
14) Eternal father, the Word that was in you from the eternity has chosen to rest in Mary’s womb and being carried by Joseph’s arms; let Your Word inhabits us, and grant us the joy of bringing it to the others for your glory. Blessed God for the ever and ever. Amen.
15) Merciful father, You have wanted that your Son Jesus Christ lived and grew up in the home of Nazareth with Mary and Joseph, enduring a poor, humble and hidden life; let our daily simple life be hidden with Him in You. Blessed be You for ever. Amen.
16) God, our Father, the Holy Family has lived in faith, hope and charity, giving us an example of obedience to Your will; grant to our families and our communities to remain united remembering your love and desiring to gather one day in the happiness of Your house. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
17) Eternal father, from whom all fatherhood comes, You called Mary and Joseph to serve Jesus and to cooperate in His mission through her maternity and his paternity, let the parents discover Your plan on their children and let them carry it out with generosity and love. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
18) Provident Father, thanks Your Son’s presence in the marriage of Mary and Joseph and through their obedience and their daily work, You have begun the age of the salvation, purifying and sanctifying the family, let the families discover their mission of caring, purifying and communicating the love. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
19) God, source of the love, you have united Mary and Joseph, the just man, with the bond of the espousal and virginal love, let the married and consecrated people follow their example and live their espousal donation as a living reflection and a real participation in the love of God for the humanity and of Christ for the Church his wife. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
20) Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, beginning and foundation of the domestic community You shown Yourself in the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph and
You gave us in her a true model of life, let her virtues, fed by your divine love, flourish in our families and communities. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
21) (For the parents) Father, beginning and end of all things, in You the family have its foundation; accepts with kindness this prayer for parents and let them fulfill joyfully Your will following the example of the Holy Family of Nazareth in order they praise You without end in the happiness of Your house. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
22) (For the children) Good Father, You delighted in Your only Son and You wanted Him to grow in the Holy Family of Nazareth under the attentive care of Mary and Joseph; help the children reach the human and Christian maturity following your example. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
23) (For the children) We give You thank, Lord Jesus, because you have become child; let Your Spirit helps the children to grow as You in Nazareth in age, wisdom, and grace so that they can always please the Father of heaven. Through Jesus Christ our Lord who lives and reigns for ever and ever. Amen.
24) Good Father, You have made the Holy Family of Nazareth a living image of the Church, helps our families and communities to be spaces of love, dialogue and pardon. We ask You this through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
25) Holy Family, icon of the perfect community of love that is the Holy Trinity and living image of the Church, pray for our families and communities so that in the humility and simplicity of the daily life they live praying, working and loving, obtaining the gift of peace. Amen.