We recall the year 1887, when Pope Leo XIII began the creation of the Apostolic Prefecture of Canelos and Macas in 1886, in the Ecuadorian East entrusted to the care of the Dominican Order. On November 3, 1887, Father Pierre, Father Guerrero Sosa and Brother Simón Hurtado took possession of Canelos.

This year we celebrate 130 years of permanent evangelization and 25 years of Diocesan Administration, leaving missionary traces…

The Pilgrimage and other celebrations were attended by the Community of Brothers of Puyo, the Sa-Fa Seminary of Puyo and the Nazarene Fraternity of Puyo in union with the parishes and Church of the Apostolic Vicariate of Puyo.